Monday, May 2, 2011

Swarts' In Korea.. (well, one of them)

Hi!
Since I have a new computer I will able to update my blog more regularly - which is great because I will be able to document our escapes in South Korea more frequently!

The kids and I won't leave for a week or two still after a few mess-ups with Visas.

Aran left early morning on the 30th of April.  The kids and I took him to the airport, where I promised I wouldn't get sad.  Which all went according to plan until a 70ish year old lady walked past balling her eyes out! So I got a bit teary, but that's ok.

The kids didn't really know what was going on as they were pretty tired.  But as we were walking back to the car, a plane took off right in sight which Isaac absolutely loved.  He seems to get the concept that Aran is in another country and that we will be meeting him soon. Ivy is still too young, of course.

Aran spent his first day at HHI (Hyundai Heavy Industry), the yard where he will be working as a Lead Mechanical Engineer.  He hasn't done a lot of this type of work before so apparently it will be a bit challenging, but he will also learn heaps and gain a lot of experience.  From first glances Ulsan is a concrete jungle amongst some beautiful landscapes. I can't wait to get there and check it all out! He isn't able to move into the apartment until the end of the week so I can't wait to hear what it's like.

Well I will keep updating you all when I can.

Over and Out.
xx Steph

0 Comments!: